LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Spartan3E_Read32VI.vi for homework

Hi guys!

I´m trying to run the digital filter (the last one) example from the LabVIEW FPGA Module Training for Xilinx Spartan 3E XUP Hardware

and when I try to open the ADChost.vi I got an error that says "Open the VI named Spartan3E_Read32VI.vi"  and I can´t find this file

in my computer

Do you know where can i get this file?

It´s very important to me to run this demo for homework at school

I will preciate your help

Thanks

Best Regards

Diego 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,376 Views)

Hi Diego,

I downloaded these training modules and attempted to run that same project and VI myself and see the same behavior that you're talking about with the missing files.  I used a search program to scan all the files on my computer and wasn't able to locate it that way either.  I was able to find the folder where the file is supposed to be, but those particular Write/ Read VIs don't appear to be included in that example.

I will continue to look into this and will file a Corrective Action Request to have this example updated if necessary.  I apologize for the inconvenience, but thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,360 Views)

Ok, thanks sr

I hope you can fix that example

because I´m learning Labview FPGA by miself and would like to complete all the tutorials

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,353 Views)

Diego,

Here are a couple of links to help you get started with FPGA if you're trying to learn through tutorials.  Since that example's not working for you, take a look at these pages and hopefully they'll help you get up to speed.

LabVIEW FPGA Module Training:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3555#toc8

CompactRIO Getting Started (scroll down to the CompactRIO section):

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/beginapplication.htm

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,332 Views)

The 32-bit Read VI should be located at $LV_INSTALL_DIR\vi.lib\FPGAPlugInAG\Spartan-3E Starter Board\niLvFpga_Read32_Spartan-3E Starter Board.vi (if it's missing, something's wrong and you need to uninstall the Spartan support and reinstall it)

Message 5 of 7
(2,329 Views)

Diego,

I was actually able to manually browse for the file in the directory Brad suggested and was able to find it, although it's not named exactly the same as the project is looking for, which is why it had a hard time automatically finding it.  I selected the Read32 and Write32 VIs and the project opened up just fine.  Give that a try and see if you can run the VI that way.

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,326 Views)

its old thread but this for help 
this is the name of vi in labview 2012 search it and will find its
niLvFpga_Read32_Spartan-3E Starter Board

its change 

best reargds