LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse down event

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there anyway I can keep the control properties as shown in the image attached if I add another event to the same event structure case?

I currently have an event structure case configured to execute on a mousedown event on a multi column listbox and would like to add a dynamic event to this case also yet keeping hold on the properties show in the image attached..

Strokes

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,146 Views)

Is it not just a case (pun not intended) of right-clicking the event structure and selecting Show Dynamic Event Terminals?

Show Dynamic Event Terminals.png

Message 2 of 7
(3,133 Views)

@sebster wrote:

Is it not just a case (pun not intended) of right-clicking the event structure and selecting Show Dynamic Event Terminals?

Show Dynamic Event Terminals.png

I understand how to create, register and generate dynamic events but when I add the dynamic event to the event structure it changes (naturally enough) the "CtlRef, Coords,Button" properties to other ones like "time, type, source" etc...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,128 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Strokes

Strokes,

Yep, this is a minor annoyance with the Event Strucure. Even trying to "duplicate" the current event structure (and picking the same type of event) will cause the new case to have different dynamic terminals, or at best, the same ones you wanted from the duplicated case plus some others.

Richard

Message 4 of 7
(3,111 Views)

@broken Arrow wrote:

Strokes,

Yep, this is a minor annoyance with the Event Strucure. Even trying to "duplicate" the current event structure (and picking the same type of event) will cause the new case to have different dynamic terminals, or at best, the same ones you wanted from the duplicated case plus some others.

I thought as much, thanks for clarifying... Looks like I'll have to find a workaround..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,104 Views)

It might seem obvious to some, but you can L-click any of the terminals to select a different one for that location.  From reading the thread, it just sounded like this was being overlooked (unless we're talking about duplicating tens or hundreds of cases in which case it could become quite tedious).

Never say "Oops." Always say "Ah, interesting!"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,096 Views)

@James Mamakos wrote:

It might seem obvious to some, but you can L-click any of the terminals to select a different one for that location.  From reading the thread, it just sounded like this was being overlooked (unless we're talking about duplicating tens or hundreds of cases in which case it could become quite tedious).

The problem is that the terminals change when you add new events to the same event case...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,067 Views)