cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Mouse using Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Experts,

I have a project trying to use Muscle signal to move a mouse cursor on computer screen. Basically, if the signal is positive, it moves to the right, and if it is negative it moves the cursor to the left.

I've seen a friend did it before way back, but don't remember how. I've been spending a lot of time trying stuffs, but none works.

It will be nice if someone can post a simple example or give me tips on how to do it

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
(19,334 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MrCoolMan

Moving the mouse on the cursor can be done using operating system calls. On Windows you can use the Windows API, and examples of doing this have been posted before, though you can see the attached VI.

The other part of this is how are you gettting the signal? Do you have some sort of DAQ hardware?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(19,326 Views)

Do a search for "SetCursorPos". You should find some examples which use this Windows API function to control the cursor's position.

(19,324 Views)

You can also find VI's for EMG processing and analysis in our free NI Biomedical Starter Kit.  More information can be found on our Biomedical User Group at www.ni.com/biomedusers

Message 4 of 9
(19,312 Views)

Another point is that it may be better to move something other than the cursor, such as an element on a graph or a control. This can allow you to create a much nicer UI.

(19,294 Views)

Don't give the mouse cursor the functionality of clicking, it may just "Try to take over the world!" Or at least your PC.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(19,267 Views)

Thanks. It works!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(19,136 Views)

What if I also wanted to press a button?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(15,946 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(15,926 Views)