LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Slider Slide control is sucking cpu cycles

Solved!
Go to solution

Here is a control (see attachment) that just by it's very presence on a front panel sucks 25% cpu on my machine.  It appears to be the 3 slider slide that is causing the problem.  I find that I can replace the control (it starts as a Silver Horizontal Point Slide) and it settles down until the next time the vi is loaded into memory again.  Anybody seen this before? FYI - I created this control so that it appears as a cluster datatype with 3 numerics, the first being the visible slider which is the current value, the second numeric being the lower limit and the third numeric being the upper limit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,764 Views)

I see a ~12% cpu usage spike when I load the vi.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,748 Views)

25% is one core on a 4 core machine. Does that sound about right?

Why is the control so much larger than needed and why is the scale visible, but hidden underneath the cluster boundary?

In any case, I see 100% use on one core after loading your VI (LabVIEW 2015), but as soon as I slighly move one of the green sliders, the CPU drops to zero. Something seems in a weird state initially. Hard to tell...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,745 Views)

I had not noticed that the scales were hidden.  I changed that property but still is hogging the cpu.  

I made the control extra large to assist tech's who use it at a distance to adjust and acheive liquid concentration levels.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,723 Views)

Wow, you are right, if I just click on the slider and move it the cpu drops to zero.  I guess I can use my handy dandly mouse click emulator to solve the problem 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,718 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author viScience

Found a solution!  The problem was caused by coloring the first two sliders transparent.  If I customize the slider and move the first two sliders up and out of the visual scope it seems to calm the cpu issue completely.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,518 Views)
Well, this is a workaround and bandaid. For a true solution, NI needs to fix whatever causes this. 🙂

Did you report it?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,502 Views)