LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9862 (Thermoelement angeschlossen) in einem Ni cRIO 9039 Chassis in Labview mittels vorhandener dbc einfügen.

Guten Tag Community,

ich bin dabei mittels eines CAN-Moduls (NI 9862) und einem angeschlossenen Thermoelement mir Temperaturen über Labview anzeigen zu lassen. Das Modul steckt in einem NI cRIO Chassis und eine Fertige dbc für das Thermoelement ist vorhanden. Ich blicke nicht ganz durch wie ich in dies in Labview intrigieren kann und wollte es mal hier versuchen und schauen, ob mit jemand weiterhelfen kann. Wenn es genauere Fragen gibt, beantworte ich die gerne. Ich bin für jede Hilfe dankbar.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,091 Views)

Hallo i0,

you know this is an English speaking forum, so you should write your questions in English!

Für deutschsprachige Diskussionen kann ich dir das LabVIEWForum.de empfehlen…

@i00000 wrote:

ich bin dabei mittels eines CAN-Moduls (NI 9862) und einem angeschlossenen Thermoelement mir Temperaturen über Labview anzeigen zu lassen. Das Modul steckt in einem NI cRIO Chassis und eine Fertige dbc für das Thermoelement ist vorhanden.

I don't think you connected a thermocouple to a CAN module, but you probably connected a temperature sensor (using a thermocouple?) with a CAN interface to your CAN module… Mind to share specific information like datasheets?

@i00000 wrote:

eine Fertige dbc für das Thermoelement ist vorhanden. Ich blicke nicht ganz durch wie ich in dies in Labview intrigieren kann

The NI9862 is a XNet module, so you have to use the NI-XNet driver. When installing this driver you also install several example VIs/projects, which probably explain how to load the DBC file and how to read messages from your sensor.

Suggestion: read this excellent blog by Hooovahh…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,074 Views)

Hello Community,

I want to include a dbc for a temperature sensor which is connected to an CAN module (NI 9862) into labview. The CAN-module is plugged into an NI cRIO 9039 Chassis. I have a completed dbc file ready. Maybe these pictures will help.

Best regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,042 Views)

Hi i0^5,

@i00000 wrote:

I want to include a dbc for a temperature sensor which is connected to an CAN module (NI 9862) into labview. The CAN-module is plugged into an NI cRIO 9039 Chassis. I have a completed dbc file ready. Maybe these pictures will help.

In your images there is no DBC file.

In the block diagram image there is no CAN/XNet related stuff at all.

But there is a 9862 module in the project…

So what exactly is the problem?

Did you already read Hooovahh's blog?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,029 Views)

Hey,

In my images, there is no DBC file because I don't know how to include it. I am still new to Labview. What do I need in the block diagram? No, not yet, but I will if I have the time to read it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,016 Views)

@i00000 wrote:

Hey,

In my images, there is no DBC file because I don't know how to include it. I am still new to Labview. What do I need in the block diagram? No, not yet, but I will if I have the time to read it.

Rather than blindly poke at things when you, as you have admitted haven't yet much experience with LabVIEW, instead of first going through the offered resources to learn about the subject, really is not in any way time saving.

So set aside that time, look through that presentation and also look at some of the other more generic presentations/courses about LabVIEW. It will pay off big time even in the short term, since you then will know what can be done and where to look for information to do something specific and what search terms to use. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,009 Views)