cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI CAN virtual channel simulation

Solved!
Go to solution
Spoiler
Hi, I need to simulate transmission and reception of data on CAN bus. I don't have the CAN hardware and the solution i found was the older version of NI XNET which is NI CAN which has virtual channels 256 and 257. I am looking at the N CAN hardware and software Manual but cannot understand how to implement it. Also do i have to downgrade to labview 2018 for support of NI CAN 18.5? Any help, suggestions or relevent material would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(644 Views)

@AbdullahWasif wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, I need to simulate transmission and reception of data on CAN bus. I don't have the CAN hardware and the solution i found was the older version of NI XNET which is NI CAN which has virtual channels 256 and 257. I am looking at the N CAN hardware and software Manual but cannot understand how to implement it. Also do i have to downgrade to labview 2018 for support of NI CAN 18.5? Any help, suggestions or relevent material would be appreciated.

You can use NI-CAN for LabVIEW 2018 or later. See the installation instructions in NI-CAN 18.5 Readme

To use the virtual channels, simply use CAN256 or CAN257 as the interface input for CAN Init Start VI.

However, if you are planning to use actual hardware in the future, you should know that NI-CAN hardware has been obsoleted. You can only purchase new NI-XNET hardware now.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(588 Views)

Are there any examples, tutorial or reference material other than the NI CAN manual so that i can get a basic idea where to start?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(561 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AbdullahWasif

@AbdullahWasif wrote:

Are there any examples, tutorial or reference material other than the NI CAN manual so that i can get a basic idea where to start?

Once you have installed the NI-CAN driver, the examples are available at Help >> Find Examples... >> Hardware Input and Output >> CAN >> NI-CAN

User manuals are available at C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-CAN\Documentation

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 4 of 4
(551 Views)