LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx subpalette is not available in my measurement I/O palette

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a USB-6009 that I've installed in my computer prior to install the LabView (big mistake).

After I've installed LabView 8.2 my device wouldn't work, it would be recognized by the computer, but every time I'd try to read from it I'd get an internal error message, so I re-installed the drive (DAQmx 9.1.7 DVD) that came with it and now my DAQmx function subpalette is gone.

My LabView still has the DAQmx controls subpalette available, I can create tasks and everything, but I can't read, write, etc. Does anybody knows what could have gone wrong and how can I get it fixed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,060 Views)

Hey andrerca,

Have you tried a repair of LabVIEW, you can do this by: (Win XP) going to you control panel >> add/remove programs >> National Instruments Software >> LabVIEW repair. On Win 7 or Vista mostly the same however programs and features rather than "add/remove". Please note you will need your LabVIEW core discs for this.

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,051 Views)

Hey andrerca,

Have you tried a repair of LabVIEW, you can do this by: (Win XP) going to you control panel >> add/remove programs >> National Instruments Software >> LabVIEW repair. On Win 7 or Vista mostly the same however programs and features rather than "add/remove". Please note you will need your LabVIEW core discs for this.

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,051 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andrerca

NI-DAQmx 9.1.7 only supports LabVIEW 8.5, 8.6, 2009, and 2010.  You can check this KB for information about which DAQmx versions support each version of LabVIEW: NI-DAQ and LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows).

The last version of NI-DAQmx to support LabVIEW 8.2 was NI-DAQmx 9.1.1.  You can download it from our website here.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,009 Views)

Thanks for the support, I've tried but it didn't fixed it. I'll try to install the 9.1.1 driver to see if solves the problem. Thanks anyway!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,990 Views)

I had to actually remove the max 4.7 that was installed, which removed the LabView, anyway, I've started from zero, had Labview installed again, then the NI-DAQmx9.1.1 installed and everything is working just fine now! Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,965 Views)