LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX (daq assistance) error

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently installed NI Max 5.5 on a pretty old computer (winXP sp3).

NI MAX starts normally.

However, there is alway an error pop up when I open test panel and do the analog input or analog ouput.

when I wanted to create a task, once I select the ai or ao channel, the same error pops up.

The error file was attached.

I have labview 7.1, but there is no DAQ assist. in labview.

I do not have an administor account on this PC and everytime I want to install some program I have to ask IT to logon and install it for me.

Also, the windows update packages are not completely installed. Is this the reason why I got error?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,945 Views)

Old versions of MAX use to just swallow any internal errors until it eventually crashed.  Back around MAX 5.0 we made the decision to bubble these errors up to help us catch and fix these issues quicker.  

Most likely the issue isn't new, but the new version of MAX is now bubbling it up.  You should be able to ignore it or you can upgrade the version of DAQmx you are using, but you need to be careful and ensure you don't upgrade to a version that no longer supports the version of LabVIEW you are using.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,904 Views)

Hello Josh,

There is no way to ignore the error, because I cannot read analog input or update the analog output.

I believe the MAX 5.5 is up-to-date. It came with NI DAQ 9.75 which is in the DVD shipped with usb-6225.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,878 Views)

Hi Coben,

I took a look at the crash dump that you provided. I think some further information will help me in interpreting it:

1) My understanding is that you are receiving this error when you click on Test Panel and select Analog/Output. Is this test panel for a USB-6225 connected to your development computer? (not for a device on a remote target?)

2) Can you provide a MAX technical report? You can create one by going to File>Create Report and selecting a Technical Support Report for My System. This will create a .zip file that you can attach that will give me further information about the installation and software stack on your computer.

3) Are you able to create a task within MAX by right-clicking on Data Neighborhood and selecting Create New... or does that result in a similar error?

4) At this point, have you tried resetting the MAX database? This will remove any tasks/channels that you currently have in MAX, but it will rule out any possibilty that the current state of the database is contributing to the problem. You can do this by going to Tools>Reset Configuration Data. It will require a restart of the computer.

Alisha Pulsipher | Product Support Engineer - NI R&D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,855 Views)

Also, DAQmx 9.7.5 will not support LabVIEW 7.1. If you have to stay with LabVIEW 7.1 and need to use DAQmx within LabVIEW, I recommend downgrading to DAQmx 8.8.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,854 Views)

1) It is local. The 6225 is connected to the computer I am working with.

2) file attached.

3) similar error.

4) I do not have administrator account. I will ask IT to do it soon.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,832 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Coben

I'm surprised that it requires you to be an administrator to Reset Configuration Data. When you select that option from Tools, it runs an .exe in the background, so only if you have to be an administrator to run an .exe, would you need IT.

Your report shows me that you have both Traditional DAQ and DAQmx installed. (the installation log shows me that the only thing that has been installed on the computer is DAQmx. Did you start with an image?) I'm wondering if the problem has to do with that. Have you used the 6225 with the TDAQ driver at any point?

Here are a couple of KBs that you may want to work through:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/86B8581D39A01DBB86257643005BC13B?OpenDocument

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/890B0DA164567EAD86257AAE0057E1E2?OpenDocument

Please let me know if this resolves the problem. If it does, I can file a report within R&D that MAX crashes in this situation and hopefully we can rectify that.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,824 Views)

I can run other exe files. To run the resetniconfig.exe, I have to be an admin.  

I guess the traditional daq was installed very long time ago. I do not know if you can see from the report that I have another daq card 6013 which is pretty old one. I have not used 6225 with TDAQ. 

Unfortunately, the KBs do not work for me either.

I will ask IT to upgrade to windows 7. So I can easily bypass all the problems.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,803 Views)