LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI's move to subscription software

I am currently on 2017 as well. How long do you think we'll get out it going forward?

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 73
(513 Views)

At the moment, no need to go forward.
Just a little curiosity about the new zoom functionality, but I will test it in Community version eventually.
For the rest there is nothing special in new versions to consider them.
If updates are based on performance improvement and little help in user experience, I can use even 2009 version (which I use for some old SCXI based applications) without any problem.
I can communicate via ethernet/IP, modbus and Database toolkit. I can acquire and generate data with all DAQ board. I don't need nothing else new versions can do.
At the moment I need only the OPC-UA toolkit to communicate witha  PLC, But I've bypassed it with a python script that generate a file and then I read that file with labview. In new versions you can integrate python code, but there's no need at all to upgrade at that price for such application.

Message 72 of 73
(504 Views)

@Will_Crowe wrote:

I am currently on 2017 as well. How long do you think we'll get out it going forward?

Well Windows 10 support is expected to end in October of 2025.  You likely can install LabVIEW 2017 in Windows 11, but I'm unsure of what complications you'd run into.  Lucky for us our last perpetual license was LabVIEW 2023 Q3 which officially supports Windows 11, so we can stay the course for longer.

Message 73 of 73
(503 Views)