cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIVision OpenCV Utilities

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there!

I am working on an OpenCV wrapper for LabVIEW and I need the files that are provided by the NIVision OpenCV Utilities package in vipm. Unfortunately, I cannot download them myself as I can't download LabVIEW 2016. Would anyone mind downloading the files and share them with me?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(730 Views)

Have you tried downloading the OpenCV package and seeing if it can be used with whatever version of LabVIEW (which you fail to mention) you are using?  It appears that this package was released in 2016 and might not have been subsequently updated (it mentions running on Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8, but no mention of Windows 10, for example).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(695 Views)

Hi Bob,

I am aware that it does not work for every LabVIEW version. However, the package contains a folder with some c++ development files, which contain some useful information that I could use for developing my own wrapper.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(665 Views)

@THILEN wrote:

Hi there!

I am working on an OpenCV wrapper for LabVIEW and I need the files that are provided by the NIVision OpenCV Utilities package in vipm. Unfortunately, I cannot download them myself as I can't download LabVIEW 2016. Would anyone mind downloading the files and share them with me?

So you have some LabVIEW version installed. And VIPM too. What is your problem then?

You still should see the "NIVision OpenCV Utilities" package version 1.0.0.47 in VIPM if your version of LabVIEW is not older than 2012, because that is the oldest version this package supports.

Otherwise you can also download it from

https://download.ni.com/#evaluation/labview/lvtn/vipm/packages/national_instruments_nivision_opencv_...

You will likely also need this package which is a dependency:

https://download.ni.com/#evaluation/labview/lvtn/vipm/packages/national_instruments_nivision_opencv_...

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(656 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

@THILEN wrote:

Hi there!

So you have some LabVIEW version installed. And VIPM too. What is your problem then?

You still should see the "NIVision OpenCV Utilities" package version 1.0.0.47 in VIPM if your version of LabVIEW is not older than 2012, because that is the oldest version this package supports.

Otherwise you can also download it from

You will likely also need this package which is a dependency:

Hi Rolf,

I have tried downloading the packages and installing them through VIPM. However, I get a message that this package is not compatible with my operating system. Which is weird since I have installed this package on a windows 10 OS before. Therefore I thought it might have something to do with the LabVIEW version. However, after managing to download a LabVIEW 2016 version the warning message is still displayed.

THILEN_0-1699540021877.png

Kind regards,

Thijs

Student, TU/e

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(621 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author THILEN

Well, it only lists Windows 7, 8 and Vista as compatible OS. The package should probably better have been configured to be compatible for >= Windows 7. But NI might have thought that it is not clear if it will install on later OS versions than what they tested it on.

Since you only want to look at the C headers inside the package you don't really have to install the whole package. You can also use an archive viewer like 7-ZIP and open the VI package with that. A VIPM package is simply a ZIP file with a certain internal structure that VIPM (initially OGPM) can handle.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 6 of 7
(616 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

Well, it only lists Windows 7, 8 and Vista as compatible OS. The package should probably better have been configured to be compatible for >= Windows 7. But NI might have thought that it is not clear if it will install on later OS versions than what they tested it on.

Since you only want to look at the C headers inside the package you don't really have to install the whole package. You can also use an archive viewer like 7-ZIP and open the VI package with that. A VIPM package is simply a ZIP file with a certain internal structure that VIPM (initially OGPM) can handle.

Thanks Rolf I did not know that.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(604 Views)