LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net Controls On Front Panel (DataGrid) Not Displaying Data

I'm trying to get a .Net (System.WindowForm.DataGrid) to display data on a LabVIEW Front Panel.
I've used the .Net Containter referenced the DataGrid.
(See Front Panel And Block Panel Attactments)
As for the code I can't Show the SubVI. (Private Info.),
But work Prefectly at Reading SQL Commands from an .INI File(and other Things form the File),
And Creating the DataAdapter, Dataset, And Other .Net Peices for the DataGrid.
I have another VI That I Made Using the some SubVI's that make a .Net Window Form the containts the DataGrid,
And It has no problem showing the Data in the DataGrid.
(See Test App Attactments)   
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(8,724 Views)
You should read reply#4 in this thread. Don't know if it's been fixed in 8.5.
Message 2 of 20
(8,712 Views)

Hi Big Hank,

This issue is also discussed more recently in this forum. I have reviewed the documentation and it appears that R&D is still working on this issue under a newer number (3VG9N1S5).

Regards,

Hillary E
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(8,686 Views)

I have actually solved this since i began the thread mentioned above. I will provide a rough and ready example asap (unfortunately I can't see this being before Monday at the earliest). Eventually I will provide a fully documented example with functioning .Net ControlToolStrip Navigation controls.

Regards,

Steve Bale

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(8,541 Views)

Steve, any progress of making a demo of this yet? I'd appreciate any help you can give on this.

Thanks,

Charles Chickering

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(8,464 Views)
Sadly this is not what I wanted, I wanted the DataGird To Apper Next to A Waveform Graph.
Any Suggestions on how to get A Waveform on the .Net Form.   
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(8,450 Views)
Big Hank,

I've found this internally.

When you attempt to do the same things with Windows.Forms controls that are hosted on a LabVIEW front panel, however, it doesn't. The reason is simply that in Windows.Forms, the Form that hosts the controls provides a BindingContext, which is basically just a collection where the objects for managing the data binding are kept. It is simple for the user to create a BindingContext and hook it up--if the user knows to do this. Since it is there by default in its native land of Windows.Forms, most programmers aren't even aware of it. The BindingContext should be shared by all .NET containers on a given form (talking now of the NICont.dll ActiveX Container's notion of a form) since this is how changes to the fields of a database record are orchestrated among a set of UI controls.

You'll probably also want to take a look at the details of the Binding Context Class on the Microsoft website.
Regards,

Hillary E
National Instruments
Message 7 of 20
(8,418 Views)
The Problem is Solved.....
Drop the Data Grid control into a .Net GroupBox.
The trick is to create Binding Context for the Group Box.

Download All
Message 8 of 20
(8,396 Views)
Nicely done!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(8,375 Views)
How do I set this up to be linked to a database? I think you did that inside your subVIs. Can you post the code?

Thanks,

Charles
Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(8,371 Views)