LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New installation causes error when running vi on previous installation

Hello,

I had Labview 2018 installed and decided to install Labview 2021. However, after installation, I found that my Labview program failed on both the new installation and now on the old 2018 Labview. I thought any new Labview installation was supposed to work side by side without any interaction between them ?

At any rate, the error reported states: 

Labview: (Hex 0x3FA) Unspecified error occurred

The top-level VI "XScan_TTLcounter_spectra.vi" was

stopped at Poly VI "DAQmx Write (Multi-Chan

Multi-Samp 1D Wfm).vi on the block diagram of 

"XScan_TTLcounter_spectra.vi:Instance:7:550001"

I think my best course of action is to uninstall everything and then re-install the 2018 version.

Thankyou

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(398 Views)

Have you installed the DAQmx driver for the 2021 version? You have to install those separately after the main installation. If you did install it, you should check whether it's the correct version and/or try to reinstall/repair it.

As for your code not working in the 2018 version anymore, it's one of two things:

1 - Since you've opened your program in the 2021 version it has now become the main version. But that would impede you from even opening it in the 2018 version (which is not mentioned in your post) so it's probably #2;

2 - In the case you did install a DAQmx driver, what might have happened is that it deleted the older driver which is now impeding you from running your code.

Either way you could try opening your program in the 2021 version and saving it for a previous version.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(319 Views)

Hello,

Thankyou for your reply. I have tried various things in the meantime. My error has now moved on to 

Warning: "missing resource file daqmx.rc" which I see has been asked about before in the forum. I am trying to re-install/repair various parts of the installation to see if the error goes away.

Best Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(283 Views)

Back up and running now. In the end, the only way to get rid of the error was to install from a flash memory stick which had been kept for 5 years. Downloading installation files from the internet never worked.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(202 Views)