LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Generation LabVIEW Features Technology Preview Manual

If you don't want the 3 month expiration of the browser testing builds and like windows 10, you can download the iso and install it in the VM. Don't enter a serial number and don't activate and everything will work (details). The restrictions are minimal and only cosmetic and won't interfere with software testing.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,697 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread yet but if you want a free clean Windows VM checkout the ones provided by Microsoft for browser testing.  It's only good for 90 days but you can revert back to an earlier snapshot.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

Those VM are 32 bits (at least the Parallels one), which is incompatible with Next Gen Preview.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,662 Views)

The VirtualBox Windows 10 is 64 bit.  The Windows 7 VirtualBox is 32 bit, those are the only two I downloaded.  What version of the parallels did you download?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,623 Views)

Windows 7.

I ended up using a Windows 10 ISO image from my Department.

So far I don't feel particularly enthused by what I see (both Windows 10 and Next Gen)...

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,596 Views)

@Ben wrote:

This old joke about "what if OS's were like airlines?" illustrates the Linux challenge rather clear and funny if you remember all of those OS's.

Ben

Ben, yes, this joke is old (2002) and a lot has changed, even my daughters (14,16) are now able to install and run (ubuntu) linux 🙂 , you still can ask for the HOWTOs (and get them)  to tweak everything you want, but you don't have to.

Linux just got 25 years old, and runs more computers than every thing else... (except desktop PCs 🙂  )

So I think it's more and more important to have the ability to run LV code on linux, and as long as my employer is willing to run operating systems they can't control (and tent to 'call home')  to give me my LV IDE, ... I don't care 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(1,553 Views)