LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to debug during while running

I don't understand why some of my subVIs are unable to debug when I'm running it. In one application I have a subpanel which I'm able to debug but in the main application I'm unable. Please see the pictures attached. I already looked into the properties of each VI and debugging is enable in everyone. It is important to notice the problem occurs in Labview not in the RTE. At this moment I'm opening all the VIs diagrams I want to debug to be able to access it while running the application.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(725 Views)

Maybe I'm not understanding your issue but if you right-click a subpanel while editing the VI you can enable or disable users from opening the block diagram of the inserted subpanel which is what I think you're trying to do.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(702 Views)

Actually is the opposite for some reason I can right click the subpanel and look its block diagram while running but I'm not able to do so in the main VI (outside the subpanel).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(684 Views)

I think that if the menu was replaced with a custom menu that doesn't have a way to view the block diagram, even ctrl + E is disabled.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(674 Views)