LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object I cannot select

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a VI that I inherited, and I need to reduce the size of the front panel.  Unfortunately, there is a gray rectangle on the FP that I cannot resize.  When I click on it, nothing happens.  I cannot select it.  In the attached picture you can see a tab control, and behind it is the gray "box".  When I try to resize the FP, it stops when it gets to this "box".  What the heck is it?

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,509 Views)

Looks to me like it might be an ActiveX container or some other type of container? Might be a decoration. Can you move the tab control and then click-drag to enclose the object to select it and move it and/or delete it? Can you Can you post the VI?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,500 Views)

I was mistaken.  The window size property was set, and it just appeared that I couldn't reduce below the size of the object.  I would still like to know what the object is.  I deleted everything from the wiring diagram and it is still there.  I can select it with a click and drag or with "select all", but I can't move it, delete it, or resize it.

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,476 Views)

According to LV it's a decoration.  I put this code on the block diagram to get a list of items on the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,463 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lmtis

Try clicking the Reorder button (the two arrows creating a circle) on the toolbar and see if the decoration is locked. If it is, unlock it.

Thank you tst, you got it!  I knew it had to be a decoration, but I had never encountered a locked item on the FP.  Thanks for the knowlege.

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,433 Views)