LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only have LabVIEW 2012. Why am I asked to download LabVIEW 2011 SP1 f2 RTE Patch?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I recently got a new machine (clean install of Windows 8), and installed LabVIEW 2012, with no other previous versions. However, when I ran the NI Update Service, it listed "LabVIEW 2011 SP1 f2 R(32-bit) Run-Time Engine Patch" as a critical update.

I'm confused; did I accidentally install LV 2011 too?

Thanks

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,382 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JKSH

No, you did not do anything wrong.  the Run Time Engines are freely installed with LabVIEW 2012 to support save for previous versions.  Install the patch.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 6
(3,369 Views)

Also, some addons use older RunTime Engines.  It is not suprising that you need the 2011 RTE patch.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 6
(3,355 Views)

i have labview 2011 licensed copy,  i want to interface spartan3e starter kit with labview,i am looking for spartan3e drivers,i got it but it is for labview 2012.

so when i try to install it shows labview2012 should be installed.now what i do?if  you have drivers for labview 2011 please send me link or tell me other option?

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,268 Views)

labviewfpga,

We like to keep separate issues on separate forums.  You will have a better chance of receiving a good answer if you make a new thread for this question in the appropriate forum.  I believe that there are only links to 2012 because we expect our education accounts to regularly update their software.  If you post in the appropriate place, there might be others who could post the older version of drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,220 Views)

May I direct your attention to this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,184 Views)