LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owning library has blocked execution of the vi.....

Hi All,

I recovered my project from a crash and soon after every singe vi in the project (or atleast every one I've looked at from the toplevel down) had the error ''Owning library has blocked execution of the vi''. It seems to be a similar problem to the one described here . Unfortunately my project is a parent class and 3 classes which inherit from it, I had a number of crashes in a short period of time and I so I can't remember which one could cause the problem. 

On one or two of the restarts after crashing a control was reported as missing (despite the fact LabVIEW searched the folder where it was located) and I had to browse for it manually. Could my problem be similar to the one described on the link? In this case the user deleted reference to the vi.....is it possible I can do this for the control I found missing?

Is there a minimum I can leave in the class file which will leave it valid but delete the rest of it? And what about the parent classes which are all giving this same error?

Any other suggestions would also be very welcome - thanks in advance for your help,

Dave

PS Thank goodness for source-code control...though I had the idea of losing a few days work to this.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,725 Views)

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your post regarding the error "Owning library has blocked execution of the vi", this error is typically caused when the .lvclass file is not updated to properly reflect the VIs, for instance during a crash, on reviewing the post you linked it is describing a similar situation to yours.

I would recommend opening each of the XML .lvclass files in a text editor and reviewing the VI's that are listed, I would only delete sections that reference VIs that are no longer present in the project, the same applies to both the Child and Parent classes.

I would also recommend keeping a backup of the .lvclass files before editing them so they can be reinstated if necessary.

Best Regards

Jamie

Jamie S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(3,684 Views)

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for the information.

I decided the best option was to revert using sourcecode control and continue from where my program stopped working. Should the problem occur again I'll try your solution.

Kind regards and thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,680 Views)