LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause a PID Setpoint Profile

I am using the NI PID toolkit for Labview 7.1 and I have a need to pause the setpoint profile VI for an undertermined amount of time, and have it pick up where it left off. Has anyone done anything like this before? I am able to pause the rest of my program, but the setpoint profile seems to continue to run without regard to the pause function. There needs to be a way to make it stop counting time while pause is active and resume when pause is inactive. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,961 Views)

mdsitt,

I think that the attached vi will help.  I inserted a case structure in the timing loop that makes time stand still...figuratively.  There is a boolean terminal that should connect to your pause button.

Grub

Hell, there are no rules here...we're trying to accomplish something!!! - Thomas Edison
Message 2 of 6
(2,958 Views)

Hi,

is it any solutions about "Pause a PID Setpoint Profile" ? It is promlem for me too. I can't understand, how PID Setpoint Profile_pausible.vi work? After release Pause, set point standing at maximum value.   Did you find solutions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,604 Views)

Problema solved!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,597 Views)

Hello,

I have the same problem how do oyu solve it?

regrads

David

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,772 Views)

Hello David,

it was so long ago, but as I remember, I put a modified PID Setpoint Profile.vi inside a While Loop and then each iteration updated internal Tick Count (ms) timer of the PID Setpoint Profile.vi. So the solution was to modify this vi and take out the Tick Count (ms) function outside this vi (it available to modify) and put a value into a Shift Register. This let us artificially control the Tick Count (ms) timer and recalculate correctly points in the PID SPP.vi If you need a solution, I need some time to recover it.

Best,
Michael

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,730 Views)