LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause timer using elapsed time express vi.

In CLD exercise 2 one task is given in which we need to incorporate Pause functionality in the vi with the help of elapsed time express vi, solution is also provided for this, but in that solution i am not getting logic behind one implementation if anyone can help me in understanding logic,,.

when pause buttonis pressed i.e. in true case we are subtractintg recirculation time(time stamp for the prior callof the function) to from the start time( timer) and then we are adding the result to the start time- this i am not getting why we are adding it to the start time - this might be quite simple to ask and the vi itself is also quite explanatory but i am not able to get it

Below i am attaching the vi and the png image of the portion of the code where i am getting problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,459 Views)

The Elapsed Time is the difference between the Start Time and the Present Time. When paused, the Start Time needs to be incremented by the loop time which is the difference between the Present Time and the previous loop iteration's Recirculate Time. Then the Present Time becomes this iteration's Recirculate Time.

Kind regards,

Rick Wagner

Message 2 of 2
(3,432 Views)