LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent Subpanel - Video Pop out problem.

I want to have it a video display on my main vi that can be "popped out" when a button is clicked. To do this I thought to run the pop out window as a subvi and embed it in a subpanel on the main vi until the user presses the pop out button. However, I can't figure out how to make it so that when the vi isn't running for the subpanel to show the front panel of the subvi. Is this persistent subvi subpanel behaviour possible? 

Regards,

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,742 Views)
So you want to know if you can continue to show a VIs front panel, even if the VI housing the subpanel.stops running?

No...

I have built things with pop out windows like that. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,720 Views)

Hi There!

It's not possible to do this, however I've written you a possible work around to explain how you can immatate this. Basically, you overlay a picture ring on top of your SubPanel - you can then hide it's label and index. Take a print screen of the subpanel when it's running and input that into the ring. when you start the program have the visability set to true (so it can be seen) untill you change the picture, then set it to false. Finally, at the end of the program make it visable again.

This seems to me the only way we can replicate what you're after, please find it attached.

Thanks!

Max

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,695 Views)

I wrote a very similar application recently and approached it like this. The main vi had a sub-panel into which I loaded either a single video display vi, a quad video display vi, a chart, or a mix. Each display vi was a separate sub-vi which was a 'display only' taking its data from a notifier which was fed from acquisition code in the main vi. (as it was display only, a lossy notifier was acceptable, and was readable from more than one sub-vi at once).

The video display vis were set to re-entrant, so I could open one in its own separate window (for display full screen on a second monitor) while it also was displayed in the main vi sub panel. Not the normal use case (usually they had a different display on the main to the popout), but displaying two instances like this worked fine.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,674 Views)