LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture to Pixmap vi on real-time target

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to draw some simple pictures in real time and display through PXI. The picture is drawn with the pictures functions in the Graphics and Sounds palette. To display through PXI, I found the IMAQ RT video out in the NI-VISION package. So I need to convert the picture type to IMAQ image type. I searched online and it seems such conversions all requires the "Picture to Pixmap" vi, which I cannot find on the RT target. 

Is there another way to convert picture into IMAQ image without using this VI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,245 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AuZn

AuZn,

The Picture to Pixmap VI is not supported on Real Time targets. The only other method I can find for getting the pixmap cluster is by using the "Get Image" invoke node. However, if you plan on building this application into an executable the invoke node will no longer work, as front panel elements are removed in RT executables.

Daniel V.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,187 Views)
I will give this a try, as I don't need to build RT executables.

I find odd that the picture functions is included on the RT target, but there is no way (almost) to change the picture into something displayable.

Is there other ways to create simple images in RT target? All I need is to display a few lines and circles.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,182 Views)

AuZn,

The picture functionality is likely something that exists purely because it is cross-compatible between Windows and RT. With most RT targets (other than the new Linux RT x64 targets), UIs are usually not the focus. Most applications that use RT are standalone applications that are deployed and left to run without a lot direct user interaction.

I don't think you'll find a better series of VIs to make a simple image, as the only options I know of are the VIs you're working with and the Vision Development Module VIs (which really aren't meant for creating an image from scratch).

Daniel V.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,166 Views)