LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position tracking of a specific color using webcam

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys, I am in dire need of some assistance. I am extremely new to LabView vision module and have found myself struggling with the last part of my senior project. I am trying to use a Microsoft lifecam to track a green circle that is attached to an object. My goal is to be able to press a button (Boolean) and freeze an image, filter that image to only output a certain color, and highlight the shape. Then once that image has been froze, store as a bitmap and the overlay it on a real time video feed to try to recreate the position. Sounds pretty complex and I know I'm deep in over my head but all I really need is a real time video output, then the position output of where a object it. I've search very long on different methods people have used and not found much that is applicable to what I'm trying, most likely due to my inexperience with the program. I've attached my current vi and an image of what the filter looks like. Thanks so much for your help in advance!!!

Download All
Message 1 of 5
(9,496 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LabViewChase

Check out the attached example.  I just used the particle analysis step to find the position of the colored object, then overlayed an oval at that same position on the live feed.  Hopefully this will get you on the right track.

Zach C.
Field Engineer
Greater Los Angeles

Message 2 of 5
(9,432 Views)

Example configured similarly webcam identify the color by selecting a region of interest ROI and enabling indicators when there is agreement on the color

Message 3 of 5
(8,247 Views)

for detection after getting color image must be converted in the imegen 32bits 8bits the camera, color filter, removing particles, there is a example in the browser examples LabVIEW : Help / search example

finf_color1.png

Message 4 of 5
(7,835 Views)

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,619 Views)