LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "Mixed signal graphs" (Clear Data History)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have a problem with "Mixed Signal Graphs". How can I clear "Data History" of "Mixed Signal Graph" in my VI? I can clear plot with right click and chose "Clear Graph" but when I plot new signal, "Mixed Signal Graph" shows the new and old signal both..... I used "ReInitialize To Default" option in "Invoke Node" but it works just like "Clear Graph" and doesn't clear "Data History"..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,802 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author h_rahmani662@yahoo.com

Create a local variable (of your mixed signal graph).  You can wire an empty constant to the local to clear your graph.

Locals are not typically recommended, but in this case this is probably your best option.  Just don't go crazy with locals.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,788 Views)

Thank you VT92. I found my solutionSmiley Wink...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,782 Views)

I have the same exact problem but my clearing of the graph function resides in a subVI that has a ref to the mixed signal graph passed into it.  A local is not do able in this case as easy.  When I write the value property to the graph ref, it bombs out.   Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,727 Views)

and here is my example of the problem....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,723 Views)

Could you possibly connect the local variable to your subVI and let it write zeros to graph?  One of the outputs of your subVI could be a "reinitialize" output that writes a zero to the local variable.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,702 Views)