LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with stand alone application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi. This is my first time here in NI. Need support from the masters. This is the situation.

Main problem: Image display

When i try to make a standalone application, The "image display" vi wont work. Am i missing dll's here? Nothing seems wrong with the ni vision vi's. I can make ROI in the external window, etc.

I also tried to make a simple program that displays a white image using array to image but there is still no display.

Can i also ask what dll's are required to make a stand alone labview program with vision and imaq.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,247 Views)

Hi Brein,

I think you have to include the NI vision tool kit while you are creating the installer (stand alone application) so that the required functions / dlls will automatically be connected with your stand alone application. This is possible only when your vision toolkit is licensed.

MRK (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,242 Views)
thanks for your reply.  What should i include in the stand alone application besides the labview runtime library and vision runtime library? Where will i find the toolkit? is it in the cd or in the computer with the installed softfare. Can you also post the directory of the toolkit so i can easily find it? thanks again
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,235 Views)
You will find the vision toolkit option in the additional insallers tab of the installer builder.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,226 Views)

i can't find that feature in my labview. My labview version is 7.0

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,223 Views)
up this problem. Anyone who can solve this?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,154 Views)
up this problem. Anyone who can solve this?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,154 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Brein

Hello,

In order to deploy an application that uses the Vision Development Module functions, you would need the Vision Run-time engine and a run-time license for it on the deployment machine. If you are using the NI-IMAQdx driver for use with firewire or GigE cameras, you would also need a license for the Vision Acquisition Software on the deployment PC. 

If you are not using the Vision Development Module functions or the NI-IMAQdx driver, all you would need is the NI-IMAQ driver. The Image display control started with NI-IMAQ 2.6, so make sure you install a version of NI-IMAQ that supports the Image display control and LabVIEW 7.0 on the deployment PC. Please refer to this webpage to check for NI-IMAQ and LabVIEW version compatibility: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6B55FF09D1FBD3108625719600650B7C?OpenDocument

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
Message 8 of 9
(3,108 Views)
Thank you master, my problem is now solved and the display is now working fine. Now I have more reasons why i should use LABVIEW; Great technical support. Cheers to NI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,050 Views)