cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with NI Uninstaller update

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

Actually I have installed LabVIEW2018 and I'm trying to install LabVIEW2020 64bit but the system returns me this error

Package signature validation failed for package 'ni-metauninstaller'. Expected MD5 checksum '0c4e35d1c15cf02464ea688efeec73eb' is different from actual checksum '405785cbd0967ba377a71f2425da79ca'. The package may be corrupted: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\packages\ni-metauninstaller_20.6.0.49152-0+f0_windows_all.nipkg

I tried also to install the single ni-metauninstaller package, but it returns this error

Error '0' occurred while opening file '\\?\C:\Works\LV2020_64bit\pool\ni-metauninstaller_20.6.0.49152-0+f0_windows_all.nipkg'. Error details: No error

The installed Version of NI Uninstaller is 19.0.0.49156-0+f4.

I already tried to activate MSI Log, but no log file is created.

Is there any solution different from uninstall all?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(317 Views)

Many years ago I had a similar issue trying to install an offline installer.  It also reported some kind of integrity check failure.  My issue ended up being a bad stick of RAM in the PC.  I'm not saying that is your issue, and I don't know if the error messages from NI packages have gotten better but you might want to run MemTest86 or something similar.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(277 Views)

Basically NIPM is downloading and reading the package and complaining that the package signature does not match what it expects. You could try to download the offline version of the installer, assuming you have SSP, and try that.

The ni-metauninstaller package is a versioned package that comes with all installers. You could try to install a later version of a product that has a later version than 20.6 to see if a later version of that package installs successfully and the problematic installer no longer requires that bad one.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(269 Views)

Hi guys,

I'm already using the offline installer.

At this point I'll try the online one to see if there is any difference

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(224 Views)

Not sure if this help or not, but you can try to use MSIBlast if nothing else helps. Can be found here on forum —  link to download of msiblast or also attached to this message.

I've used this in the past long long time ago one or two times to uninstall particular specific product. Use it very accurately and carefully, because you can easily mess up and damage everything, in worst case you will need to reinstall everything from the scratch. This is non-official and unsupported tool.

Screenshot 2024-04-04 08.26.40.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(218 Views)

@Lara87 wrote:

I'm already using the offline installer.

At this point I'll try the online one to see if there is any difference

This makes me suspect an issue with the PC like the RAM even more.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(204 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lara87

Hi guys,

online installer did is work!

Really a mistery why the offline one did't work

Thanks to all !!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(194 Views)