cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programm wont run when I change from finite sample to continuous mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a programm that works at finite sample mode, but will not when I use continuous mode. As far as Im concerned the difference between the two modes are how they acquire the data samples -  the continuous mode continues to run even after the required samples are logged, correct? Meanwhile the finite mode will only acquire a certain number of samples set by the number of samples to read. Is there anything else I have to change?

Do I have to put my daqmx read vi in a loop? (for example I would like to let my programm acquire data for only 1s, how do I do that? Right now I have set my programm with sample rate 100kHz and # of samples 100k, in order to get my duration of 1s)

Maybe someone here will have an idea, would appreciate any help!

Jun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,879 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jun_l

Hi Jun,

so there is a problem in your VI, but you cannot attach this VI?

Which kind of help do you expect then?

@Jun_l wrote:

I have a programm that works at finite sample mode, but will not when I use continuous mode.

Before editing your message you had an "error -20077", but you surely meant "error -200077": invalid value for a DAQmx property.

Even after editing the message the VI is still missing…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,868 Views)

Hi GerdW, sorry I seem to have messed up here and somehow added my next question in the edit message column, now my first question is gone - which was how my programm stopped running after forced shutdown despite same settings. I managed to solve it by changing the mode from continuous mode to finite sample (which is my original code).

Hence my second question (again):  

I have a programm that works at finite sample mode, but will not when I use continuous mode. As far as Im concerned the difference between the two modes are how they acquire the data samples - the continuous mode continues to run even after the required samples are logged, correct? Meanwhile the finite mode will only acquire a certain number of samples set by the number of samples to read. Is there anything else I have to change?

Do I have to put my daqmx read vi in a loop? (for example I would like to let my programm acquire data for only 1s, how do I do that? Right now I have set my programm with sample rate 100kHz and # of samples 100k, in order to get my duration of 1s)

Attached is my vi.

Sorry for the mix up!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,741 Views)

Hi GerdW, there was a mix up before I posted my second question in the edit button:

my first question is solved: I had continuous mode on instead of finite samples, which is my original code. I have another question but will post it on a new thread instead..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,833 Views)