LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatic read access to project symbols

I don't know how you stumbled on that obscure llb, but those VIs seem like a good find!  It'll take a bit of experimenting to figure out the proper usage, due to sparse (eh, non-existent) documentation.  Still, one less thing to write!

Thanks for your contributions!

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,890 Views)

The vis in IfDef.llb are pass-word protected ... at least to me. Any ideas on seeing the block diagram?

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,862 Views)

We can only ask NI to send a version with unlocked version.

This VIs have locked block diagram and no documentation. When we have good luck we can use them as they are.

Using works like this (or at least similar): (Drop the Image into LabVIEW for getting the code.)

Demo Read Write Conditional Disable Symbol_BD.png

Greetings,

shb

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,846 Views)

This llb is interesting...  ConfigureCondition.vi looks to be the dialog that appears when one configures a conditional disable structure.  Looking at the VI hierarchy, it's not apparent how GetSymbols.vi and SetSymbols.vi are called, but it was worth a try.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of numbered VI icons.  Smiley Very Happy  The VI hierarchy shows lots of VI #1, 2, and 3.

Oh, well.  Thanks for extrapolating some "documentation," shb.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,830 Views)

Hallo Mr. Jim

What i would like to do is to test vi's by running it and make screenshot to the front panel programmatically, the problem is some vi's has Conditional Disable structure, which is switch between to different conditions.
Could you please tell me the possibility of controlling this structure programmatically in order to run and switching the vi in two different Conditions?

i hope that i have clarified the problem well.

appreciate your help

Hasan

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,708 Views)

Concerning this post, as old as it may be:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Programmatic-read-access-to-project-symbols/m-p/2397174#M742638

Thanks a lot  for this snippet - it helped out a lot today.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,276 Views)