LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically get list of scales in Application Builder

Have a bunch of old projects where they have stored all their custom scales within the application builder.

Wanting to make it so you can select them within the program itself, but the options I can find only list scales currently deployed on NI-max.

Is there a way to get it to list scales currently only in the application builder?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(188 Views)

The Application Builder does not concern itself with DAQmx scales. You can include the current Hardware configuration when creating an Installer (that's a separate step from building the Application). By default it lets you create a hardware configuration file (either configData.nce, or an ini file that will then be added to the installer and applied to the target system when your application is installed.

So you could try to find that file in your build folder, or reinstall your application, which should also apply this configuration to your system.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(170 Views)

I figured it wouldn't be possible to pull it in from a project, but wanted to see if anybody may know something I didn't.

Started a new job and the habit here is for people to not create an executable and simply run the program with a LabVIEW IDE on every station (I know not the best method). So the scales and tasks are never being brought into NiMAX, they all live inside the application builder. (yes I know)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(159 Views)