LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting transparent picture on another picture

Hello,
I have got one picture displayed on the screen. I want to put second picture on this picture, but also want it to be transparent, I mean the background of this second picture should be not displayed. All of these pictures are 256 colors palette type.
How to set the transparent background and then display this second picture on the first picture?

TIA,
Yazilim.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,245 Views)
I don't believe that there is any easy way to do this, on the front panel that is, of a VI in LabVIEW. This is something normally handled by a graphics editing program, which has the algorithms built-in to handle picture overlays. Consult a reference on such algorithms in order to do it in LabVIEW. I really can't think of any other way. Perhaps someone else may.

Good luck
Message 2 of 4
(4,245 Views)
In LV a picture is something to be put on a LV-frontpanel picture control and an image something to be displayed in an extra window.
I don't know what you are referring to.
I played a bit with overlaying a bitmap onto an image. And it seems that while the low 3x8 bits are used for the colors red, green and blue the highest byte is a transperency control. So If your background is not 0x000000 (for black) but 0x01000000 it is transparent.
I hope this is hint enough for your own experiments.

Gabi
7.1 -- 2013
CLA
Message 3 of 4
(4,246 Views)
Thanks Gabi.

NI should put that information into the help file.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,164 Views)