LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q Control Datagrid

I am having issues using the Datagrid control from QSI. The configuration editor does not show up. I have installed all of the libraries through VIPM but still cannot get it to work. I could not find a page for submitting an issue with the toolkit so I thought I would reach out here and see if anyone could help out.

When I drop a MCL on the front panel and right click i get the option to convert to datagrid. When I click on convert to datagrid I get this search box that runs for several minutes and then goes away. 

D1.PNG

I can then click on convert to datagrid AGAIN and I get this dialog

D2.PNG

This just goes back and forth forever and the configuration tool never appears. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything QSI, restarted LabVIEW ETC...

Anyone have any ideas or a forum I can go to for issues with this control.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(350 Views)

Another point is that with the control installed, anytime I right click on the MCL I get the first dialog box and then when I click on the convert to datagrid I get the second box.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(342 Views)

It looks like the DataGrid package depends on MGI Monitored Actor and MGI Panel Manager. Does your VIPM show that those packages are also installed?
mgi.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(332 Views)

Yes it is. I actually use this a lot.

Joe_H_0-1711562080829.png

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(326 Views)

Are those MGI files that are shown in the search dialog actually present in those locations on disk?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(323 Views)

Oh, and I just looked at your screenshot... MGI Monitored Actor doesn't appear in the list.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(322 Views)

Joe_H_0-1711562791875.png

Joe_H_1-1711562819322.png

Its there.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(310 Views)

Are those MGI files that are shown in the search dialog actually present in those locations on disk?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(308 Views)

Yes they are present on the system.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(306 Views)

Then my best guess is that the compiled object cache is messed up. I suggest clearing it, then mass compiling relevant subfolders in vi.lib.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(304 Views)