LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q Control Datagrid

I just did what you said and it still did not fix the issue. it looks for each datatype class and then i get the right click menu. 

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(138 Views)

I'm out of ideas. I called in the big guns, Quentin says he's gonna look into the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(136 Views)

Thanks for your help D.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(134 Views)

Depending on what you need, you may have luck with my version of a datagrid:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/QControl-Enthusiasts/The-DSM-Datagrid-yet-another-Datagrid-QControl/td-p/42...

It's a different take on how to implement them. You define mine programmatically, rather than via a dialog, so it's a more manual process to set up but offers some different levels of flexibility compared to the one that ships with the toolkit. Unfortunately I can't help with your specific problem other than to offer mine as an alternative (and it's definitely not as polished as Quentin's).

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(106 Views)

@Joe_H,

I am looking into it but I have to admit that I haven't touched this in a while. So, give me some time to dust the cobwebs off my brain there.

If I remember right, there are two parts to it. The configuration right-click menu and the QControl itself. Do you have both parts? I don't think the QControl part was made into a package. It is available through my GitLab Here.

Here are the instructions for it from the LabVIEW Wiki: https://labviewwiki.org/wiki/DataGrid_QControl 

What do you plan to do with it? My DataGrid QControl defines the type by column but @BertMcMahan wrote his own, also a QControl, that is defined by cell and is defined programmatically (no popup configuration). Located Here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/QControl-Enthusiasts/The-DSM-Datagrid-yet-another-Datagrid-QControl/td-p/42...

Mine is nice but it was never fully polished. His might be better for your needs. If you still want to use mine, I'm willing to schedule a call. DM me through the forum or LinkedIn.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(102 Views)

Bert beat me to it 😂

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(100 Views)

THank you all for the help. I was able to uninstall all the MGI packages and then reinstall them and I now get the configuration editor but after closing the editor I do not get anything in the control. I tried to follow your instructions on the GITlab page but was somewhat confused on what is needed to be copied or where to put it. I downloaded all of the code and tried to run the example in the code but i got the same affect. No change after the dialog.

Am I just using it wrong? Or does some code need to be copied somewhere in the LV installation folder?

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(71 Views)

I was running into this too. It is a failure on my part, but it will not add rows to the multicoulmn listbox (MCLB). You have to add the row to the 2D array and then write that to the List Items property before the row becomes editable. This functionality should added so that a double-click on the next empty row will add a new row automatically. I will try to add this in the future but I'm not sure when I will get to it.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(61 Views)