cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Message Handler in Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How can I learn detail about Queue Message Handler? I want to learn it from the initial stage. Would be highly appreciated if anyone suggests me any learning source/course/tutorial.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,210 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author farhad11

Did you try Google?  I suggest using "LabVIEW QMH" as a Search term.  I found an NI White paper on the subject, plus other resources, even a video.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,203 Views)

Thanks. 

Yes, I tried to search in Google, got some resources also. But still I am not getting it, because I couldn’t find anywhere how to begin with QMH?  Like for Labview programming I found some videos Where they explained from the beginning so that a beginner can understand everything.  But for QMH I am totally helpless, even I can understand how can I arrange my code in those loops and cases, how to connect them with each other. Really helpless in this matter.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,191 Views)

Ah, I understand your question better.  The QMH, at least as the Template that NI delivers, is more complicated than I think it needs to be.  It is trying to do "too much", without necessarily explaining what it is trying to do, and getting "lost in the weeds" of how to do it.

What version of LabVIEW are you running?  If you are running something on the order of LabVIEW 2016 or later, I'll "walk you through" a Producer/Consumer design using Stream Channel Wires that will give you something like a State Machine, which the QMH resembles, but I'll derive it for you and see if it is what you are looking for.

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 9
(1,181 Views)

Hi, 

I use Labview 2021 version 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,135 Views)

Hi,

May I get that thing that you discussed yesterday to share with me?

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,088 Views)

File -> New -> From template -> Design patterns -> Producer/Consumer Design Pattern (Events)

It's a good skeleton with some helpful notes.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,070 Views)

Sorry, work and family intervened.  I've got some other issues I need to complete first ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,068 Views)

Thanks Mr. @B.S

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,041 Views)