LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue not queueing

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a VI that I am trying to use what I believe is a Producer-Consumer QSM architecture.  It isn't working.  I have disabled the consumer loop and I never see any elements in the queue.  What am I missing?  I know that there is data in the 2D array because I am displaying it on the front panel (as in the motor speed indicator in the pic.).  The save button is pressed.

Queue.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,332 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JimMarihew

It is hard to debug a partial picture, but your "save" button is before the loop, thus will only get read exactly once right at the start of the program and then never again. If you want to read the current value with every iteration, the terminal belongs inside the loop. Basic dataflow!.

(Similarly, your lower case structure can only exist in one state during the run.)

If this does not solve your problem, please attach your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,322 Views)

Hangs NOOB sign around neck and slinks into the shadows.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
(1,261 Views)

@JimMarihew wrote:

Hangs NOOB sign around neck and slinks into the shadows.

Thank you.

We've all been there.  Keep coming back to the forums, even if you don't have a question, and soon you will be able to ditch the sign.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 4
(1,191 Views)