cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rabbitmq failure while installing LabVIEW 2020 SP1 Community Edition

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

While trying to installing LabVIEW 2020 SP1 Community Edition, the process is stopped with a message:

"An error occurred while installing a package: ni-skyline-rabbitmq-support (20.5.0.49152-0+f0)

Please check your internet connection and try again".

1) the internet connection is good as I am connected to download the iso file, good as I am typing this message, good as this is the 3rd time I am trying all the steps.

2) after a little research about 'Rabbit.mq" I had never heard of, I am willing to not have it installed as I am not planning to use it. BUT... there is no option to 'skip' the installation or the selection of its support for installation (or have I missed it?).

The "Try Again" button restarts everything and stops again.

So...

I am stuck and need a little guidance from the experts out there.

I shall be happy without rabbitmq if I have too, however, I need LabVIEW !

Thanks

MCUwiz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(1,806 Views)

Hi MCUwiz,

you can try these instructions to work around the issue

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kIbbSAE&l=en-MY 

Let me know if this does not resolve your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(1,790 Views)

Hi Anise,

Thank you for taking the time to offer a solution to the problem. I followed the steps very carefully and fully but this did not change anything, I got the same message. I retried twice, including stopping the firewall, but still the same problem.

I do not know where to turn now.

It is sad in a way because I do not plan on using Rabbitmq feature and if I could just skip the installation of its LabVIEW support I would be very happy with the rest of the installation. Unfortunately all is stopped before LabVIEW 2020SP1 Community gets installed, so I have nothing to "play" with.

At this stage, I need either a fix to pass Rabbitmq support installation or a way to disable its installation.

Thank you again

MCUwiz
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(1,759 Views)

Have you tried install the 2021 SP1 Community Edition ?

I installed it on a Windows 10 Pro without any issues.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(1,739 Views)

Nice suggestion but I believe that will shift my problems. Let me explain quickly: I have Win10 laptop and Win7SP1 (older) PCs. These PCs are disconnected from the network for security reasons but I still need them to run some microcontrollers development tools not supported by Win10. I have been looking for a LabVIEW version that would run on both Win10 and Win7SP1 so I could create my instrumentation tools with LabVIEW on the laptop and if needed run them on Win7 with the Runtime Engine on the PCs.

I believe that 2021 Runtime Engine will not run on a PC with Win7SP1.

LabVIEW 2020SP1 is the last one to work with Win7SP1 so it is my best bet until I do not need the old PCs anymore (but not soon yet.)

A "funny" side note:

I tried to install LabVIEW 2020SP1 Community on one PC running Win7SP1 and guess what: It installed without blocking at Rabbitmq !

It is actually not so funny because I cannot switch between machines for comfort of work (faster laptop, large screens,...).

LabVIEW 2020SP1 on Win7 and LabVIEW 20201SP1 on laptop will not allow moving 'exe' applications.

That's it, I hope it makes sense. If I missed something and if you think of a way to make my setup work, I shall glady listen to it.

Anyway. thanks to everyone to suggest a solution, it is so nice to communicate with you.

Chris

MCUwiz
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(1,728 Views)

I don't have any Windows PCs still running Windows 7. Sorry.

I also have 2021 SP1 semi-working on Linux Mint. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(1,724 Views)

I'm trying to figure out why you're using Community Edition on what appears to be company computers.  That's a clear violation of the Community Edition license.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(1,720 Views)

@billko wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why you're using Community Edition on what appears to be company computers.  That's a clear violation of the Community Edition license.

I am not surprised that this is happening.

I guess they figure if the computer is not connected to the internet there is no way NI would know.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(1,714 Views)

Hi Bill,

In the thread of messages I am not sure who your comment is directed to (regarding using LabVIEW Community on company computers).

If this is directed to me, I do not know what lead you to believe I am using company computers. In my opinion, you are drawing unfounded conclusions much too quickly; this is a dangerous assumption, this can lead to incorrect actions and decisions, this is biaised thinking.

So, if this is directed at me, please refrain from making unfounded accusations.

If this is not directed at me, fine. Make sure you say who you are talking to.

MCUwiz
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(1,701 Views)

Hi Billko,

The comment is interesting but not correct.

The real setup is this:
- LabVIEW 2020 SP1 Community and Win7 machine: perfect installation and successful activation with a brief temporary connection to internet (and avoid virus attacks).

- LabVIEW 2020 SP1 Community on Win10 laptop, permanently connected to internet,... fails at installation of Rabbitmq support.

😉

MCUwiz
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(1,699 Views)