cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference on different size of cluster broken

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi LabVIEW guru's !

I need a bit help on this. Attached packed library.

When i am adding elements on my DIGOUT cluster, my reference "DIGOUT" become BROKEN. Why is that and most of all how to fix this...

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(2,724 Views)

A Packed Project Library is a compiled file.  You can't edit the code in it once it is built.  You need to edit the code it was based on and rebuild it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 21
(2,707 Views)

Thanks for anwer but that's not the question...

I build a packed library to share my code, i know that ! (debug mode btw)

When i am adding elements to my DIGOUT cluster my reference become broken (that's the problem !!)

I cannot strictly typed VI...

Any clues ?

BR

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(2,702 Views)

Oh, you are chaning the code in the packed library.

Your reference input is a strict reference to a specific cluster setup.  So you have to update the reference type as well.  You can right-click on it to show the control.  Just drage your latest cluster inside of it.

You really should make your cluster a Type Def so that all of these updates only happen in one place.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(2,696 Views)

Thanks for your answer but i don't think i am really clear about my issue ;

Look at my code with the errror (shared in library as you prefer 😉 )

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(2,692 Views)

The library file doesn't contain the VIs.  You need to include those as well.  I recommend just zipping everything up and posting the zip file.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(2,690 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(2,687 Views)

I touched something "select control type" in the cluster refnum. (subVI)

Changing it to control then back to cluster add a coercicent point.

VI can run now...

Is it a good way to solve this?!

BR,
Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(2,682 Views)

crossrulz is right.  Very few times would I ever want to have a cluster, and have it not be a type def.  His other comment about stict type references is right too.

To make it accept all cluster references, instead of just this type, replace the control in the subVI named reference, with the cluster type.  I think you can select it by right clicking and navigate the VI Server type and select cluster (which is the same one that is already selected)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(2,678 Views)

No.  You need to update it to have the same type as your data cluster.  This is where I am saying that you need to have a control type def.  That way when you want to add to the cluster later, you just need to update the type def.

Have a look at this code.  What I did is create a type def of the cluster I want.  I then made a couple of controls and indicators from it.  For the reference input on the subVI, I righ-clicked on it and selected "Show Control".  I deleted the cluster that was in there and dragged one of my type def clusters into the reference.  Now the reference type is tied to my type defined cluster.  Now when I go to add more elements to the cluster, it just works (once the VIs are saved due to the updated type def).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(2,674 Views)