LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting data values

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I have developed a .vi to output the optical power in mW from an optical fibre.  The optical fibre has a built in optical tap/photo detector producing a voltage output.  I need to correlate this voltage with the optical intensity output at the fibre end.

How it works.  As I increase the laser power say in 10 % increments.  The maximum mV and mW values are recorded.  And these values are to be put in the blank arrays that feed the Interpolate 1D.VI.

However as I decrease, in 10% increments from 100% (to gain the hysteresis curve), I have to close down the .vi and open it after I have made the decrement.  Is there a way to just reset the .vi after I have incremented or decremented the laser.  I have attempted to do this (see case structure in .vi) but what I have found is that the graphs are reset but the maximum values remain the same value as before the reset, this may be OK for the increment but not for the decrement.

Also it would be nice to use the maximum values for the increment and the minimum values for the decrement however the minimum value is always zero.  Can it be worked that the minimum value corresponds to the values after a reset.  So ideally I would not be resetting to zero but to say the current values of the iteration immediately after the reset.   I think?  Does this make sense? 

PS.  I am using LV 8.5

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,618 Views)
Solution
Accepted by StevenR

Hi Steven

I am the applications Engineer who will be working on your request regarding resetting your vi, as I understand your application you are taking readings from your device, analyzing your data and then writing to a measurement file, and then you are looking to reset the values on your vi. Can I ask when in your execution you would like the reset to occur? Or are you looking for the reset to occur due to a user input?

From what I can see you have the right idea to use property nodes, so I would like to look further into these with you and have found some examples using these methods which should help you with development and work as a good reference tool. I will add the links to this post, but I have converted the files to LabVIEW 8.5 so that you can open the vi files and attached them in a ZIP file.

Programmatically Restart LabVIEW VI Example - http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4747

"Admin Mode" with references and property nodes - http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13606

Using Property Nodes on a Two Axis Graph/Chart - http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-5571

I have had some problems with opening your vi, which I have now solved but could I ask which toolkit you are using to create your tasks?

If you could back to me with a few answers to my questions so I can continue to make suggestions, that would be great.

If you would also like to look at the examples to familiarize yourself with uses of property nodes.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Thank you

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
Message 2 of 4
(2,564 Views)

Hi Stephanie,

Thank your for your help. 

At the moment I have developed the vi using the examples you sent.  It would apear that this is what I was trying to achieve, although I wont be able to incororate it into my system just yet, to test it properly.  To answer your question.

I have had some problems with opening your vi, which I have now solved but could I ask which toolkit you are using to create your tasks?

I am using a non- NI DAQ card so I am assuming the toolkit used to create my tasks is the ULx library from MCCDAQ link: Download MCC DAQ CD.  I hope this helps.  The completed vi is attached. 

Once again thank you for you help.

Steven

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,548 Views)

Hi Steven

Thank you for your quick response, I am glad you have been able to use the examples to develop your code. I will download the toolkit onto my PC so that I can look at your vi properly and if I have any suggestions I will let you know.

As the issue seems to be resolved I will close down this request down, I am subscribed to this post so if you do come across issues when you implement your vi on your system, please feel free to contact me on this thread or create a new thread if it is a different problem, so that myself or a colleague of mine can support you and help you to get your system up and running.

Thank you

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
Message 4 of 4
(2,534 Views)