LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrain OCR in LabVIEW (retrieve indexes of found characters within the character set file)

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am trying to retrain my OCR set file in LabVIEW. Basically I show the read string to the user and in case something is wrong the respective character must be corrected in the charatcer set file, according to the text entered by the user. It sounds quite straightforward, but I haven´t manage to figure out how to retrieve the character index in the file has to be retrained. For that I would need know which character in the set file was found to resemble a give read character. Do you know how can I retrieve this info? I intent to use the OCR Rename Character VI. 

Best regards,

Esteban

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,743 Views)

I also thought about iterating throught the character file until finding the required character. I guess that might work, but couldn´t figure out how to retrieve the total number of trained characters in the set file. Does somebody knows?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,733 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Arroyo

Hello Arroyo,

you can retrieve the total number of trained characters by using the IMAQ OCR Property VI and looking for the property "Size of char set".

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281W-01/imaqvision/imaq_ocr_property/

Kind regards,

Elli

Message 3 of 4
(2,654 Views)

Thanks for the hint Elli.

Best regards,

Esteban

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,650 Views)