LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate 3D pictures with IMU

thanks for your answer.
Yes, I will continue to research.
I just want to create something like in the link here.

The sensor I use is X-sens mti-100 series.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(627 Views)

In the example below
Note: The IMU initially resets the yaw angle to -90 degrees.

With (NWU) euler angles, the 3D picture can be moved. There is only a small problem. When the pitch approaches 90 degrees, some errors occur in the 3D view due to the instability of the roll and yaw angles.

Rotateobject.vi is only for use with euler angle ? cannot be used with quaternions? If so, can anyone explain why?
Rotateobject.vi only accepts axis and angle inputs. In this case, connecting the quaternion directly may not make sense, of course. But is there an alternative that can 3D picture rotate with quaternions?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(603 Views)

Why don't you just use the quaternions provided by the IMU like this (it seems that you have the Haro3D library, or you can just write your own VI based the quaternion definition):

Quatern_3DRotation.png

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(595 Views)

Thanks for your answer. It really worked, but it was really time consuming to find the correct orientation and Box lengths.

constructionworker_0-1678119220970.png

I'm getting a memory full error, what's the solution?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(567 Views)

Can't help with so little details.

Very likely, you are continuously creating new objects. Provide the code that crashes otherwise nobody can help.

Make sure to close references...

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(554 Views)

MarcDub
Thank you for your answer. I guess because it is constantly creating new objects, the memory fills up after a certain period of time.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(495 Views)