LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running 32 bit executable on 64 bit operating system fails

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to run a test program compiled on a 32-bit Labview (Labview 2011 running in Windows XP) on a Windows 7 home premium 64-bit environment.

When I open this application, it performs some actions, but there is no front panel build-up and then it just stops responding (there is 100% core activity).

The applications only uses a USB 6009 module from NI to gather data and switch some valves (which it does in the initialization of the program, so this seems to be OK).

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,142 Views)

Hi,

read this post:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/USB-6009-overflow-error-on-continuous-mode-after-restart-o...

My application also hangs if I don't set the property "USB Transfer Request Count" to 1.

Regards,

Ljubo.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,134 Views)

Hey Ljubo,

Thank you for the solution proposal, but I just checked and I have got DAQmx 9.3.5, so the solution is not a possible for me.

Regards,

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,114 Views)

Hi Bart,

I also use applications build under XP/2011 on Win 7/64 bit, in principal without problems (now). I use a lot of serial port devices, USB cameras etc., but no such NI device.

(By the way, I had to put some few millisecond delays in some serial communication, because the Win 7 PC was too fast.)

Have you tried turning the User Account Control of Win 7 to the lowest level?

(Type UAC in the search box under Start.)

Without doing that I had problems (without notification) working with files in the Programs folder and with the registry.

I think telling Win 7 to always run the application with administrator rights (right mouse click menu) has probably the same effect.

Regards,

mirola

------------------------
Labview 5.1 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Bart_Aerts

You can download the latest driver (NI-DAQmx 9.6.1) from here. I would recommend having the latest driver.

Basic troubleshooting:

Do you have the labview Run-Time Engine installed? 

Is there any error message?

Does the program appear at all? How about in task manager/processes?

Ian S
Applications Engineer CLA
National Instruments UK&Ireland
Message 5 of 8
(3,058 Views)
I tried the solution, but it didn't work.
Thank you for the information.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,055 Views)

Answers to the basic troubleshooting:

-The run-time engine is installed, because another executable is working on this computer and the program starts with any error. If the run-time engine wasn't installed, it would give this as an error.

-No error message, just the window that freezes.

-You can see the upper bar of the Labview application with the run and stop button, but nothing is placed in the front panel. You can not force close it as an application in the task manager, only as a process. It just appears as the exe-name I gave it.

Regards,

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,042 Views)

Installing the NI-DAQmx 9.6.1 and making a new installation for the other computer fixed the problem, although my hardware seems to fail after a couple of minutes for no apparent reason.

But that's another problem 🙂

Thanks for your help everybody.

Regards,

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,998 Views)