LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running the 6.1 Runtime Engine with 2009 Installed

Solved!
Go to solution

I have 2009 Developer's Suite LabVIEW installed and am using it regularly.  I recently obtained some executables which only run under the 6.1 Runtime Engine.  I have downloaded the 6.1 RTE, but have not installed it.  Do you think that installation of the 6.1 RTE will have any adverse effects on my 2009 installation?  I do not want to install LabVIEW 6.1, just the RTE.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,586 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AlphaTreo
As long as the program doesn't need other "drivers" such as earlier DAQ it should be ok, although usually it is a very good idea to install in the "original order" i.e., 6.x then 2009. I have RTE for several versions installed at the moment, but they were incrementally installed over the last couple of years.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 2 of 3
(2,585 Views)
Yep.  It worked fine.  I agree with you that the proper way to do it would be to install each version of LabVIEW and the RTE in consecutive order.  I used to have multiple versions of LabVIEW installed including 6.1, but that was one or two computers ago.  Unfortunately, my current situation did not allow for that.  Looks like all is well, though.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,556 Views)