LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save various clusters (of different data types) to a a specific .csv file

Hi,

I have done some research, but so far I couldn't find a solution to my "problem":

I would like to save Telemetry data from multiple clusters of different data types into a .csv file, semi-colon separated values. The formatting is generally the same for every data type (dbl=%.3f, u32=%d, Cluster of booleans = changed into a number, etc.)

So far my solution is .... not great for any additions or changes.

Typically depending on my DUT, I don't want to have to have to re-create the entire ICD manually and re-wire everything (See first snippet) and I am looking for a more generalized solution probably using the OpenG VVariant palette (?)

Once the Telemetry is acquired, it is transformed into a corresponding cluster, Changed to a variant, and then stored inside a Map with its telemetry ID as a key.

One change on the ICD (or an entire new ICD) like adding/removing a number, means changing the TypeDef cluster, adapting the transformation, and doing the same for the logging part. It's long and painful, so if can do it once only instead of twice that would be great (I can escape changing the typedef nor the transformation, but automatizing the logging would be great.

Current logging solution example:
Current Solution.png

What I'm aiming for:

Ideal Solution.png

Basically I am trying to detect the data type of any variant of cluster coming in, and transform all element into their corresponding string values.

Looking forward for some feedback and critics 🙂

-Vinny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(532 Views)

I believe @rolfk wrote the attached VI; but I cannot find the original post. Anyways I did not write it, sorry I cannot correctly attribute it. But the attached VI may get you started.

Message 2 of 4
(496 Views)

I posted this a while ago on LAVA : https://lavag.org/topic/23233-malleable-vis-to-read-write-csv/#comment-151913

TiTou_0-1697529245074.png

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 3 of 4
(469 Views)

These are both very nice examples, thank you!

I might do a mix of it actually.

In the future though, I will probably transform the data both in their valid format and in string from the acquisition. That would be easier, but for a future improvement.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(454 Views)