LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selectable variables for graph/toggle graph from dropdown

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello. I am currently working on an interface for a rainwater collection and analysis system. It is currently using an Arduino UNO R4 and a few sensors for measuring rainwater pH and total dissolved solids, as well as the nearby temperature and humidity. I currently have all of the information being read from the serial of the Arduino, using spaces to separate the different variables, convert them into arrays, and display them on the interface.

Ideally, I want to have that data also displayed on an xy graph, with the variables being something I can pick from a dropdown. So I could have the graph display rain sample # vs humidity, rain sample # vs pH, or even something like temperature vs pH.

Right now though, I just want to at least show the graph displaying rain sample # vs humidity, temp, etc. when selected from a dropdown. All I have so far is the build xy graph vi with it set to NOT clear the data on each call, and 4 graphs (one for each y variable). I have an enum connected to a case structure for selecting which graph I want, but I am unsure how to hide/toggle the other graphs. I attached what I have so far, but I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(200 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jvaldez12

You can use a "Property Node" for each graph and make it visible true or false depending on the condition you have. 

To show the property node, right click on the graph you want, then select CREATE -> PROPERTY NODE->Visible

LVNinja_0-1711388074229.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(166 Views)

Thank you! I will try this as soon as I can.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(124 Views)

It worked perfectly! Thank you!

jvaldez12_0-1711561204496.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(91 Views)