LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variable

Hi,

I want to create shared variable in my computer and read this variable in cRIO.

How can I do that ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,552 Views)

Hi Burak,

Have a look at this:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4679/en/

You can create a network published shared variable on a RT target and read the value elsewhere.

Ingram

Ingram | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,537 Views)

Hi Ingram,

My main purpose is to create shared variable under my computer, then read the value of this variable in RT target.

Can you help me in that sense ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,534 Views)

HI Burak,

Is there a particular reason for doing this? You would typically host the shared variables on the system that is online most of the time - which usually is the cRIO.

I would have thought otherwise that the process should be the same however in terms of creating the variables in the project. What problems are you seeing?

Ingram

Ingram | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,524 Views)

Hi Ingram,

In cRIO, I built a kind of motor control application. What I want to do is to send a command from the computer to the cRIO. 

I tried creating shared variable under my computer hosted in cRIO. But I am not able to read in CRIO.

This is my problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,517 Views)

Hi Burak,

Based on your description I see no reason why you are unable to host the shared variables on the cRIO.

If you ensure they are Network Published (see the white paper referenced earlier) you should be able to send commands from the computer to the cRIO.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/ni_psp/

Ingram

Ingram | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,511 Views)

Hi Ingram,

The picture at the attachments clearly expresses the problem that I have faced.  

On the other hand, I thank you for your effort so far.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,500 Views)

Ok, but I don't understand why you would need to things this way around. What is stopping you from deploying the variables to the RT?

Could you share your code in LV 2014?

Ingram | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,494 Views)

Hi,

As I said, I want to send a command to cRIO from my computer.

I want to send commands to Inverse Kinematic inputs from my computer.

my shared variables codes are at the attachment.

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,489 Views)

Hi Burak,

Company policy prevents me from uploading anything, but if you create the variables under your cRIO and drag them onto the block diagram of your UI you should be able to write commands to the cRIO.

You close to doing this with your current setup. Have a look at some of the cRIO example projects as they use network shared variables too.

Ingram

Ingram | CLA
Message 10 of 11
(3,475 Views)