LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show vertical scrollbar when 1D array only shows one element

When showing only one element of one dimensional array, only the horizontal scrollbar can be displayed.  The vertical scrollbar visible option is greyed out.  Even using property nodes does not make it visible.  I have an array of clusters with many controls in each cluster that are aranged hozizontally across the front panel.  I'd like the user to see only one element (one set of controls) at a time and be able to scroll through them using a vertical scollbar.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,126 Views)
after quickly playing around with the control i think that if you just want the look then i'd say make it a 2D array, get rid of the index display, and then just select Vertical Scrollbar to be visible.  After that you might need to perform transpose array and array subset VIs to get the actual data that you would like to to display the data you would like.  look at array 2 int he picture im attaching, is that how you would like it to look?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,121 Views)
That would work Brent.  I need the user to access the index display to be able to step through the array that way and could use a separate numeric control for that.  But in the future if the ability to show the verical scrollbar when only one element is displayed was added to LV, there would be a lot of 2D code to change around in order to be able to use the now simpler approach.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,112 Views)
welll then you could just use a scrollbar control from the system controls palette and an event structure to change the index displayed whenever it is clicked.  you might like that solution even better
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,087 Views)

I think Brent's suggestion is very good.  Another hack would be to cover the additional array elements with a decoration so that you only see one element.

see

Message Edited by vt92 on 04-21-2009 09:58 AM
>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,080 Views)