LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal analyzing - help

Hello!

Im messuring force with piezoelectric cell from Kistler. Cell can measure force in three axis (X,Y,Z) and gives voltage output when the cell is under pressure. Im collecting data with DAQ Assistant function in LabVIEW. I will add a picture of my results below. I want to know if there is any possible way to messure time between two peaks (on the picture of results I have noted time between peaks I want to measure). The most important axis for me is Z and im adding latest version of my LabVIEW program below.

Thanks,

Miha

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(856 Views)

Search for a function called Peak detect, you can use it to detect the peaks then select the peaks you want. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(824 Views)

It seems your interesting data is mostly in the XZ plane, but more general, maybe you want to look at the 3D magnitude (i.e. the squareroot of the sum of all squared traces) of all channels to simplify the analysis (1 trace instead of three traces!).

Looks like you have some bursts of oscillations and want to find the onset of each burst and their time difference. Can you attach your data?

(It is also a good idea to "save for previous" before attaching VIs. 2020 or lower).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(802 Views)

Can you send me an example how this function works?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(741 Views)

So if I am correct you recommend that I use just one graph?

Yeah I want to find the onset of each burst and their time difference. I can attach data in txt file or excel when I get back in the lab on tuesday.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(738 Views)

@miha312 wrote:

Can you send me an example how this function works?

What function?

@miha312 wrote:

So if I am correct you recommend that I use just one graph?

A graph is for display and does not do any data analysis. You need to process the data.

@miha312 wrote:

I can attach data in txt file or excel when I get back in the lab on tuesday.

Yes, please do. Thank!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(723 Views)

Sorry for late reply, I didnt get a notification when you answered about this topic. Im adding an excel file of my data. At the momment for me is most important to measure time from when the value of force is around 0 and until maximum value of force. Data below in excel are in just one axis (Z) which is most important for me. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(563 Views)