LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Problem with Simple Labview Code. Please Help :(

Hi everyone,

I made a labview program using an event structure for the assignment I had before. I was wondering how to trigger an event structure in the consumer loop, using the value signaling property node. Please help. I've attached both the actual program and a snap shot. Thank you! I really appreciate your help.

How do you add the value signaling property node to the event structure? Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(298 Views)

Zoneator wrote:

I made a labview program using an event structure for the assignment I had before. I was wondering how to trigger an event structure in the consumer loop, using the value signaling property node. Please help. I've attached both the actual program and a snap shot. Thank you! I really appreciate your help.

The program you have attached does not correspond to your snapshot.

The code in your snapshot makes absolutely no sense. Definitely don't write to a signaling property inside a value changed event of the same control or you'll get and endless chain reaction. Why is there no time delay in the upper loop? Why is there no mechanism to stop the upper loop?

The use of an event structure is completely misguided in your application. Why are you even trying to use it? What perceived advantage do you see?

@Zoneator wrote:

How do you add the value signaling property node to the event structure? Thanks again.

A value(sgnl) property belongs ot a control, not to any particular event structure. If you write to the property, a value changed event for that control is triggered as if you had operated it manually.

So far your code is just a senseless assembly of LabVIEW primitives. What is the purpose???

You need to go back to your first post here and give the problem description exactly the way you received it. Your current description is not sufficient to make any reasonable program. Since the randon numbers are generated continuously, it is not clear what the function of the event structure should be? What are the events? What should happen if an event occurs.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(273 Views)