LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand Alone executable

Solved!
Go to solution

I built the application and would like to deploy the application to other computers operating in remote locations. I built the exe file and the installer package. However, when I try to connect the 9205 device to the field PC and run the application everything is NAN. I included the software to setup the 9205 in the installer as well.

1. What else could I be missing?

The project runs fine on the PC I developed it on, but not using the exe.Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,671 Views)

Check and make sure the DAQ device has the same designation on the new machine as the machine it was developed on (i.e. Dev1, Dev2, etc)

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,669 Views)

Do you have any settings in Max, for example a name for the 9205 device maybe?

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,668 Views)

I have not named the device. Is that what your asking? 

Both responses seem to insist the program is not working because of the PC's lack of ability to recognize the hardware, am I assuming this is where the problem is.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,662 Views)

That would be the most obvious place. Compare the Max settings, re-build the application with debugging flags (error output indicators etc), check if you have included VISA/DAQMX etc as required.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,660 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pistonbones

You most likely need to export your MAX settings and include the file with your installer.  The installer can be configured to automatically import those settings to MAX on the target pc.

Message 6 of 10
(2,652 Views)

I will check the hardware setting.

How do I export the MAX settings and include them in the build? I am not familiar with this procedure.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,645 Views)

When I apply voltage to any of the input channels the test hardware screen responds normally...IE 5 volt supply is measured as 5 volts.

Could it just be in the build of the exe file?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,640 Views)

Is that on the development machine or on the deployed machine? 

Here are a few reference articles about building deployable .exe's with the application builder.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/build_checklist/

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3303

The checklist is a really good way to make sure you've covered all of your bases.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,613 Views)

Smiley Very HappyThanks for all the advice...I just needed to include the MAX setting into the installer.

Message 10 of 10
(2,594 Views)