LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour of Tools Palette in LabVIEW 2022 Q3

When right clicking on a node for creating a constant, control or Indicators the icon tool "Wiring Tool" doesn't change to selection tool/ normal cursor rather stays in the previously selected tool.

Same problem when selecting a element from controls palette or a function  from functions palette.

LabVIEW Version: 2022 Q3, 32-bit

Windows 10, 64-bit, Version 21H2, build: 19044.2486

Did someone also encountered this problem?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(717 Views)

@nik35324 wrote:

When right clicking on a node for creating a constant, control or Indicators the icon tool "Wiring Tool" doesn't change to selection tool/ normal cursor rather stays in the previously selected tool.

Same problem when selecting a element from controls palette or a function  from functions palette.

LabVIEW Version: 2022 Q3, 32-bit

Windows 10, 64-bit, Version 21H2, build: 19044.2486

Did someone also encountered this problem?

Sounds like you don't have auto tool selection enabled.

billko_1-1674746015462.png

Enabled.

billko_2-1674746050703.png

Disabled.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(680 Views)

Auto tool selection is enabled.

nik35324_0-1674746270485.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(673 Views)

If I right-click while hovering over a wire/terminal the cursor stays as the wiring tool for me too, not sure what you're expecting to happen instead. It's been that way for as along as I've known. To get a function or control palette you need to be in empty space so there shouldn't be any other modes active for the cursor. Have you hit tab to turn off auto selection? LV will leave the cursor in whatever mode it was in while a popup was opened until it has a reason to change it again with autotool or you change it manually.

~ The wizard formerly known as DerrickB ~
Gradatim Ferociter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(639 Views)