LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly typed refrence vi Problem. No one answered me

Dear all

Could anyone help me how to solve the attached problem. I have ODE solver but when I connected my subvi to its input  F(x,t), I have an error"the type of sink is strictly refrence vi"

so how can I convert the subvi to be strictly typed refrence

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,753 Views)
Have you read the help for the ODE Solver?
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,734 Views)

I meant to add (too quick on the submit post button):

You're hooking it up your data to the wrong terminal.  You have it hooked up to the ODE F(X,t) terminal, and it should be the data terminal.

I haven't used this function, but I suspect you will have other problems since you don't have any of the other inputs hooked up -- hence the suggestion to read the help.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,733 Views)

I just connect one input as an example. My main problem is how to convert the subvi to be stictly typed refrence???

I sent this problem morea nd more. why no one can solve it for me??? is it complex????

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,696 Views)

To get a strict type reference to a VI, drop a "Static VI Reference" from the application control palette.  Right-click on it, choose "Browse for path...", select your VI, then right-click on the static reference again and choose "Strictly Typed VI Reference."  That will get you a reference to a specific VI, which is what you want here, I think.

Message 5 of 11
(3,682 Views)

Dear

Did you mean by "static vi refernce" from the application control that:

select classic refnum and then application refnum or somthing else could you indicate it for me how to find it in the control platelett??

Thanks and I'm waiting

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,675 Views)

You need to look in the programming palette, on the block diagram, not in the controls palette on the front panel.

Message 7 of 11
(3,671 Views)

First, place it down from the pallet.

Browse for the path to the VI you want to reference.

Change it from a generic reference to a strict typed.  Look for the star to know you have a strict type reference.

Message Edited by ColeTrain on 05-08-2009 11:39 AM
ColeR
Field Engineer
Download All
Message 8 of 11
(3,652 Views)

Dear All

Thanks very very much for helping me. Yes I made it .

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,643 Views)

Eng.Ahmad wrote:

I sent this problem morea nd more. why no one can solve it for me??? is it complex????

Out of curiosity, you said something just like this in another completely unrelated thread here.  In that thread you said you attached files before.  In this thread, your English says something that could be interpreted in a similar manner to that.  Neither thread is related.  And none of any of your other threads seem to have anything to do with either of these.  If I'm mistaken, then please point out another thread where you asked the same question and did not get an answer.

Otherwise comments like this come across as a bit annoying and reflect an impatience that makes no sense if you haven't ever asked the question before.Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,612 Views)