LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub VI Control Sanity Check

I have found myself in the (uncomfortably) common situation where I have a program that runs well in the Labview environment, but throws sporadic errors when deployed as an executable. To make things worse (for me), these issues only appear on certain PCs with no apparent commonalities. As I hunt for the cause of my errors, I am hoping I can get a sanity check on a portion of my code.

The first VI - Timer Action Machine - is called by a master VI and is responsible for controlling (opening, setting, reading, closing) an autonomous VI - Small Timer. My design rationale here is that I need a timer that runs regardless of the state of the main VI. The Timer Action Machine VI is called when the main VI runs, so the VI reference for the Small Timer remains valid (via a feedback node) for as long as the main VI is running (or if it is closed through the 'close' function) once the 'open' function is called.

As I said, everything works well in the development environment, but not so much in an executable. I am hoping someone could take a look at what I have here and tell me if anything is wrong enough to cause an error in an executable.

Thanks!!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,404 Views)
I am posting via phone, will look at the code later. What kind of errors is it throwing (and how far ;))? Labview errors? System errors? Incorrect behavior? Etc. What are the error messages?
Message 2 of 3
(2,396 Views)

Plato,

I agree with altenBach, please let us know what errors you are seeing and when.  This will help us track down a cause and located the code generating the error.

Regards,

Sam K

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,349 Views)